WILDES MEER - PDF
WILDES MEER (German for “Wild Sea”) is a traditional, triangular, lace shawl, inspired by my love for the sea. The pattern begins with a textured eyelet pattern, that transitions into a tail fin motif, ending with an applied lace border. Beads (optional) are also incorporated to add subtle shimmer. These elements, combined, resemble mermaid tails diving into the glittery waves! The shawl is knit top-down, with increases made along both edges and either side of the center stitch, every other row. Let the adventure begin!
- Both written and charted directions
- Instructions for knitting with and without beads
- Recommended Yarn: Voolenvine Yarns Narwhal, Wolke, Blitzed, or any fingering weight yarn.
- Yardage: 438 - 450 yards / 401 - 411 meters
- Gauge: 28 stitches and 24 rows = 4 inches in Stockinette (unblocked)
- Needle Size: US 6 - 4.0 mm
- Notions: Stitch markers, darning needle for weaving in ends, blocking wires, blocking mat, and/or T-pins